Let’s go through the list, shall we?
- Stalking Cat was a computer programmer before he passed away earlier this year. He was Native American and trying to become closer to his totem animal. Through this, he helped pioneer all types of body modification and holds several Guinness Book Records.
- Erik Sprague, aka Lizard Man, was a former PhD candidate. He has a bachelor’s in philosophy and is a performance artist: both through international side shows and as a music festival host.
- Maria Jose Cristerna aka “La Mujer Vampiro” (Vampire Woman) is the mother of four children and a fuckin’ lawyer. She started her transformation after getting out of an abusive marriage, and has talked out against domestic violence.
- Rick Genest aka Rico The Zombie is a fucking international model, has more sponsorships than any of us could ever hope, and was featured in Lady Gaga’s Born This Way video. Not bad for a 27-year old former homeless punk, I’d say.I’m willing to bet you haven’t accomplished nearly as much as any one of these people. They’re not only heavily tattooed, but they’re also impressive as all hell in the “employed” department. But don’t worry about it—feel free to keep trying to make yourself feel better about your average life, average body, and average accomplishments.Successful, employed, intelligent, body mod legends.
- “We’re your family, we’re allowed to make fun of you”
- “Come on, it’s just a joke”
- “toughen up and stop being a baby”
- “We’re just teasing”
BULLYING IS BULLYING NO MATTER WHO IT COMES FROM.
IT JUST HURTS A FUCKLOAD A LOT MORE WHEN ITS COMING FROM PEOPLE YOU TRUST
this post will often go weeks without a note
and then there’ll be a holiday
and it resurfaces
and that makes me sad
text posts are like the lottery you almost always fail
Today Tristin wore his dress. Not a huge thing as he wears it quite often but this was different. Today was the first time he kept it on when we left. Usually when he wears it he will change, completely his choice, if I say we are going somewhere. He just wasn’t quite comfortable going out in public with it. Today he just put on his sandals. I asked him a couple times if he was sure and he was. So with a boy in a pink dress and Tinkerbell flip flops, we went.
We hit up Goodwill (finally found some teacups I liked!), Lowe’s and Target. I kept a look out for how people reacted to him, just so if he noticed I could talk with him about it later. There were some curious looks but nothing major. Most people were looking at my hair anyway. The only negative reaction I saw was actually a surprising one. A young girl maybe nine years old gave him a dirty look as we were walking out of Target. Tristin didn’t notice since he was talking about his new Hello Kitty flip brush/mirror.
I know there will be a day when he will notice how some people treat those who are “different” but I’m glad that for now he took a big step for himself and the world as he knows it is alright.
What a beautiful little kid. If only everyone could have parents like this.
|—||Juliette Lewis (via alecstasy)|
It’s the two sides of Tumblr.
wre is this from omg??
NEW YORK MINUTE!!! 😻
whoever wrote this line needs to receive a medal
seth’s face is diggin’ the cool ranch idea
And the next time someone asks you why you care about feminism or rape culture, you show them this. Because there is a shit-ton of work to do.